RE: [mythsoc] Mythcon 40 Check in?

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13 8:25 PM
      Hi Lynn,

      You seem to be doing the heavy lifting in deciminating info today so I
      thought I'd direct this to you. Let me know if the question should be
      directed to Sarah or someone else.

      I've not been to a conference before so I'm a little in the dark; forgive
      the naive question. My partner Beth and I are flying into LAX at 7:45 p.m.
      on Friday, so I would guess that by the time we catch the shuttle and then
      hoof up the hill, it will be after nine. I presume that we still can check
      in then, and find out where our room is? And what do we do/where do we go
      to do so? Any help and advice you can give this neophyte would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Doug Kane

      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=45737/grpspId=1705020227/msgId=2
      0669/stime=1247539588/nc1=3848621/nc2=5758220/nc3=5741398>

    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13 8:29 PM
        Whoops, I meant to send that privately to Lynn. Sorry, everyone.

        _____

        You seem to be doing the heavy lifting in deciminating info today so I
        thought I'd direct this to you. Let me know if the question should be
        directed to Sarah or someone else.

        I've not been to a conference before so I'm a little in the dark; forgive
        the naive question. My partner Beth and I are flying into LAX at 7:45 p.m.
        on Friday, so I would guess that by the time we catch the shuttle and then
        hoof up the hill, it will be after nine. I presume that we still can check
        in then, and find out where our room is? And what do we do/where do we go
        to do so? Any help and advice you can give this neophyte would be greatly
        appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Doug Kane

        <http://geo.yahoo
        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=45737/grpspId=1705020227/msgId=2
        > com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=45737/grpspId=1705020227/msgId=2
        0669/stime=1247539588/nc1=3848621/nc2=5758220/nc3=5741398>

      • Lynn Maudlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13 9:00 PM
          No problem, Doug - this is information that will be useful to a number of people & not just yourself.

          I'll wave at Sarah - I *believe* that the UCLA desk at De Neve is open 24 hours... let me also get Gavin's (MC 40's registrar) cell phone # - that's how we've handled "odd hours" arrival the last few years...

          -- Lynn --

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 13 10:59 PM
            Disseminating more information about check-in...

            YES, DeNeve Commons has a 24-hour desk and people can check into their rooms anytime *after* 4 pm on the day of arrival (before 4 pm rooms *may* be available but you may need to wait).

            MYTHCON Registration during the day will be located in the DeNeve lobby very near the front desk (how convenient!). Late registration on Friday will be in Conference Hospitality (the room DeNeve A3).

            Mythcon Registration will open by noon on Friday and 8:30 a.m. on other days - Gavin's cell phone number (our registrar) is 626-381-8956.