Re: [mythsoc] Harry Potter, an 11 year old view

  • Mary Kay Kare
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2000
      "David S. Bratman" wrote:

      > I was writing pretty much like that when I was 11. And that's not
      > boasting: I'm sure most of us here were.
      >
      > I don't think there's anything wrong with objecting to mixed moral
      > messages and squeamy situations. The kid has a point. I followed him
      > right up until he recommended Redwall. Oh well, nobody's perfect.

      You think there are Satanic references in Harry Potter? That's what
      he said.

      MKK
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2000
        In a message dated 8/4/00 1:10:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kare@...
        writes:

        << You think there are Satanic references in Harry Potter? >>

        Yeah, there are, but you got to look for them in the same way that people
        look for messages in rock music. Look at the sixth sentence of the sixth
        paragraph of the sixth chapter of the first book. (666 - get it?) Reading
        backward from the end of the sentence and taking every sixth letter, you get
        "All power to our Lord Satan. Sacrifice our parents on his altar." Using
        techniques like this on other sections of the Harry Potter books, I've also
        found "Paul is dead," "Turn me on, dead man," "I buried Paul," "Kilroy was
        here," "Whazzup?," "Louie, Louie, me gotta go," "Who is Keyser Sose?," and
        "Toynbee ideas in Kubrick's 2001, resurrect dead on planet Jupiter."

        Am I the only one who's noticed this?

        Wendell Wagner
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 2000
          In a message dated 8/5/00 12:07:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
          WendellWag@... writes:

          > Look at the sixth sentence of the sixth
          > paragraph of the sixth chapter of the first book. (666 - get it?)

          Why not the sixth book?
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 5, 2000
            Well, we haven't seen the sixth book yet. Perhaps the *real* meaning will be
            revealed there.