Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: Mythopoeic Society (from Aleksandra, Aesir Global )

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2009
      From: David Emerson <emerdavid@...>
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, Jun 24, 2009 1:18 pm
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: Mythopoeic Society (from Aleksandra, Aesir
      Global <aleksandra.tsvetkova@...>)
      >...in that fantastic world, in the Average Land created
      >by the immortal author of “The Lord of the Rings”.

      I take it that "Average Land" is how "Middle-earth" translates into
      whatever Aleksandra's native language is. Takes all the glamor out of
      it, dunnit?

      emerdavid
      <<

      It looks like a computer translation. I'm reminded of one such
      translation from French to English that rendered "les cotes et les
      baies d'Ecosse" as "the ribs and berries of Scotland".
      Alexei