Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: Mythopoeic Society (from Aleksandra, Aesir Global )

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2009
      >...in that fantastic world, in the Average Land created
      >by the immortal author of “The Lord of the Rings”.

      I take it that "Average Land" is how "Middle-earth" translates into whatever Aleksandra's native language is. Takes all the glamor out of it, dunnit?

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • alexeik@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2009
        >...in that fantastic world, in the Average Land created
        >by the immortal author of “The Lord of the Rings”.

        I take it that "Average Land" is how "Middle-earth" translates into
        whatever Aleksandra's native language is. Takes all the glamor out of
        it, dunnit?

        emerdavid
        <<

        It looks like a computer translation. I'm reminded of one such
        translation from French to English that rendered "les cotes et les
        baies d'Ecosse" as "the ribs and berries of Scotland".
        Alexei