RE: [mythsoc] Another hitherto-unknown Tolkien geek celebrity

  • Hugh Davis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23, 2009
      John Hodgman wrote a book called The Areas of My Expertise, a sort of memoir satire with little-to-know actual facts (it is an almanac with such sections as "Hobo Matters," along with various Cryptozoological Facts), and after that began appearing on The Daily Show as their "resident expert" on a variety of topics. His delivery style is the same as how he gave the address at the press meeting. One gets the impression most of the Daily Show/Colbert Report writers have a deep knowledge of Tolkien.

      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      From: WendellWag@...
      Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:39:03 -0400
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Another hitherto-unknown Tolkien geek celebrity

      In a message dated 6/22/2009 7:51:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      Hitherto-unknown, certainly, as before now I'd never heard of him.

      John Hodgman is known mostly as being the PC (playing against Justin Long
      as the Mac) in the long-running series of commercials for Apple.

      Steps!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377052x1201454391/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
      eExcfooterNO62)