Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon 40 impending deadlines!/ Book Toss

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2009
      I would like to add an additional encouragement to Lynn's. It is a lot of
      fun.

      Also, we will have the Khazad-dum Book Toss again. What is that? Since
      we're all highly intelligent people here, we find sometimes that the books
      we read are not up to our standards. Some are so bad you actually want to
      throw them against the wall. Well, at the Book Toss at Mythcon, you can!

      Bring a book *which you own* (no library books) but would like to get rid
      of. Stand up and briefly describe why you consider this book less than
      worthy of the time you invested in it (not to mention the $$). Then give it
      good, hearty whack against the wall.

      It's fun and amazingly cathartic.

      And, in the tradition of "one man's meat is another man's poison," your
      trash may be someone else's treasure, so once you have released that book,
      you have released ownership of it. Any attendee at the event may then claim
      your book.

      Please, actual books only this year, no virtual book tossing. And I don't
      recommend tossing your Kindle -- you will probably be sorry.

      See you at UCLA!
      Berni

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2009
        Just a little tweak on the tossing this year.

        The Book Toss will be outside in the Plaza Courtyard (a picture of which
        is in Progress Report #2), so, you can go for distance, and not just
        wall-throwing!

        Sarah.