Absorbed Fantasy Reading Study Research Participants Needed

  • anamcaraaa
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2009
      Have you ever been lost in a fantasy or science fiction book
      and felt like the story world was real?

      I am currently working on my dissertation as part of my doctoral studies at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology. To complete this project I am doing research on reading fantasy literature in an absorbed state. In this study, fantasy literature is broadly defined and includes myths, legends, folktales, and fairy tales, as well as modern fantasy and science fiction. I could use your help.

      I am looking for people who are 18 years of age or older, have read fantasy literature in an absorbed state of mind and have been positively affected or transformed by the experience, are willing to write about their experiences for confidential use and publication in this study, and are willing and able to communicate primarily via e-mail.

      Participants in this study will write about their positive meaningful experiences of reading fantasy literature in an absorbed state of mind.

      Please share your stories with me! If you are interested in participating, send an email message to campbell.dissertation@... with your name and the best way to contact you (i.e., phone number or email) or call me at 650/799-5236 (cell phone).

      Thank you so much for your help!

      - Sheree