Lewis reference on NPR

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      [NB: This is not meant to incite political argument. Even if you're tempted, please refrain. Thank you! :)]

      Did anyone else catch the C.S. Lewis reference on NPR yesterday? It occurs about halfway through a report on the possibility that the Supreme Court may end up hearing a putative second-amendment case on a New York law banning nunchuks. Here's the story:

      http://www-cdn.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104775350

      In case you don't care to listen, here's the upshot. One James Maloney, arrested for possession of nunchuks, is fighting that ruling -- all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court if they're hear the case -- and to garner support from the like-minded, he's founded ... wait for it ... the National Alliance for Relief from Nunchaku Intolerance in America, or N.A.R.N.I.A. *rolls eyes*

      Jason

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        Why doesn't he just call his group the Nunchuk Illegality and Criminality Eliminationists, or N.I.C.E.?

        Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

        >Did anyone else catch the C.S. Lewis reference on NPR yesterday? It occurs about halfway through a report on the possibility that the Supreme Court may end up hearing a putative second-amendment case on a New York law banning nunchuks. Here's the story:
        >
        >http://www-cdn.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104775350
        >
        >In case you don't care to listen, here's the upshot. One James Maloney, arrested for possession of nunchuks, is fighting that ruling -- all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court if they're hear the case -- and to garner support from the like-minded, he's founded ... wait for it ... the National Alliance for Relief from Nunchaku Intolerance in America, or N.A.R.N.I.A. *rolls eyes*
      • David Emerson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
          >>he's founded ... wait for it ... the National Alliance for Relief from Nunchaku Intolerance in America, or N.A.R.N.I.A. *rolls eyes*
          >

          >Why doesn't he just call his group the Nunchuk Illegality and Criminality Eliminationists, or N.I.C.E.?

          Or American Society for Legalization of Ancient Nunchuks?

          emerdavid

          PeoplePC Online
          A better way to Internet
          http://www.peoplepc.com