Mythcon 40 news

  • Sarah Beach
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 8:14 PM
      First off, I'm happy to announce that Tim Powers has agreed to attend as a Special Guest! I know he's popular with Society members.

      For those who wish to send material ahead for the Society auction, they can contact me by email at scribber at scribblerworks dot us.

      If you have questions about how things are shaping up, please ask.

      We will have something of an Art Show for the conference, as well. Our Author Guest of Honor, James Owen, will be bringing some of his art along (and prints of selected pieces for you to buy as well -- trust me, it's lovely stuff: I own five prints and three originals). And he promises to bring the Time Machine featured in THE INDIGO KING as well.

      Remember, you can register and select room & board and everything at wwww.mythsoc.org/mythcon/40/

      Join us! It'll be great!

      Sarah Beach, Chair for Mythcon 40
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4 7:27 AM
        I'd like to bring jewelry again, and maybe add scarves this year - should this be a dealer's room thing, an art show thing, or an auction thing? The past couple of times I've shared a table with Marion Van Loo's t-shirt charity drive.

        Thanks,
        Janet

        Janet Brennan Croft
        Associate Professor
        Head of Access Services
        University of Oklahoma Libraries
        Bizzell 104NW
        Norman OK 73019
        405-325-1918
        Fax 405-325-7618
        jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft@...>
        http://libraries.ou.edu/
        Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
        http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html

      • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4 9:19 AM
          If you're selling something it would be the dealer's room. (The art show
          is not necessarily things for sale, and the auction is for items donated
          to the Society for fundraising.) Lisa Cowan is overseeing the dealer's
          room. If Marion is going to do the same thing again, the two of you might
          share a table.

          Lisa's contact is lisa-cowan at att dot net

          Happily, everything will all be centrally located in the conference
          center, so most of the presentation rooms will be quite near the dealers
          rooms and art show.

          More questions, folks? Ask away! I'm happy to answer.

          > I'd like to bring jewelry again, and maybe add scarves this year -
          should
          > this be a dealer's room thing, an art show thing, or an auction thing?
          The past couple of times I've shared a table with Marion Van Loo's
          t-shirt
          > charity drive.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Janet
          >
          > Janet Brennan Croft
          > Associate Professor
          > Head of Access Services
          > University of Oklahoma Libraries
          > Bizzell 104NW
          > Norman OK 73019
          > 405-325-1918
          > Fax 405-325-7618
          > jbcroft@... <mailto:jbcroft@...>
          > http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/
          > http://libraries.ou.edu/
          > Editor of Mythlore http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html
          > Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
          > http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html
          > "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the rising ape
          meets the falling angel." -Terry Pratchett

          Of Sarah Beach