"The Hunt for Gollum"

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      Yesterday I caught the end of a segment on NPR about the impending
      release of the fan-film "The Hunt for Gollum". Fortunately, the
      segment is available on their website. For those who might be
      interested, here's the link:

      http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103673352

      The forty minute looks-just-like-Peter-Jackson-but-isn't film (they
      even play the Shore music during their trailer) is due to be released
      online on Sunday (May 3rd).

      --John R.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        From the looks of the trailer it is an exact pastiche of Jackson's LOTR
        films - even the Elves and orcs look just like Jackson's - with just one
        exception.

        And that is, that it'll be just forty minutes long. As that's only about a
        quarter of the length of one of Jackson's monsters, perhaps it will only be
        one-quarter as tedious. But I'm not holding out hope.