Re: [mythsoc] An unexpected Tolkien reference

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
      >Or wait for the big-screen version: Sigurd and Gudrún's Excellent Adventure.

      Now *that* might be worth seeing!

      emerdavid

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
        When one accidently stops on a cable channel sponsored by a very conservative Christian group and the hostess is talking about a novel written to explain the 'end time' by saying "... It reads like Lord of the Rings." it is probably time to admit to some level of pop cultural acceptance.

        Dean Rowley