Re: [mythsoc] An unexpected Tolkien reference

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
      You got me. Who is Marie Claire?

      Diacritical, heck. I'm just amazed they spelled Tolkien right.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
        >Or wait for the big-screen version: Sigurd and Gudrún's Excellent Adventure.

        Now *that* might be worth seeing!

        emerdavid

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
          When one accidently stops on a cable channel sponsored by a very conservative Christian group and the hostess is talking about a novel written to explain the 'end time' by saying "... It reads like Lord of the Rings." it is probably time to admit to some level of pop cultural acceptance.

          Dean Rowley