Re: [mythsoc] An unexpected Tolkien reference

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 3:46 PM
      There probably isn't much of an overlap between the readers of Marie Claire
      and Tolkien. Probably what little they know of Tolkien comes from seeing
      the Jackson movies.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 4/26/2009 6:43:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      visualweasel@... writes:

      I wouldn't have expected there is much demographic overlap between its
      readers and Tolkien's.

      steps!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220814855x1201410739/aol?red
      ir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=A
      prilfooter426NO62)

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 26 4:13 PM
        You got me. Who is Marie Claire?

        Diacritical, heck. I'm just amazed they spelled Tolkien right.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26 4:24 PM
          >Or wait for the big-screen version: Sigurd and Gudrún's Excellent Adventure.

          Now *that* might be worth seeing!

          emerdavid

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26 5:59 PM
            When one accidently stops on a cable channel sponsored by a very conservative Christian group and the hostess is talking about a novel written to explain the 'end time' by saying "... It reads like Lord of the Rings." it is probably time to admit to some level of pop cultural acceptance.

            Dean Rowley