Fwd: Another shoot on the branch cultivated by Tolkien

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 2:40 PM
      FYI, all..
      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Daniel Rabuzzi <drabuzzi@...>
      Date: Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:21 AM
      Subject: Another shoot on the branch cultivated by Tolkien
      To: correspondence@...
      *Dear Ms. Crowe:

      Having majored in the study of folklore & mythology (including a two-year
      research fellowship at the University of Oslo, Norway, where I tracked back
      to the roots cultivated by Tolkien, Lewis, Auden, et al.), I am intrigued by
      the Society's work.

      I hope you might share this news with Society members:

      ChiZine Publications (Toronto) brings out my first fantasy novel, The Choir
      Boats, this fall, with a debut at the World Science Fiction Convention in
      Montreal this August.

      The novel deals with issues of race, gender, sin, and salvation, and
      includes a mysterious letter, a purloined locket, mathematics, smilax root,
      goat stew, and one very fierce golden cat. See
      www.fartheryount.com<http://www.fatheryount.com/>for more. The artist
      Deborah Mills, did the cover and illustrations.

      I'd love to swap thoughts with Society members on my use of folkloric motifs
      in my fiction.

      Sincerely yours, Daniel

      *

      Daniel Rabuzzi