Re: Middle-earth in Spain

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2009
      >You might be interested
      >to learn that a society exists which had as its objective the actual
      >creation of Middle Earth in the region of the Sierra Norte of Madrid. This
      >region is roughly triangular in shape and measures 60Km at the base and 45Km
      >up each side to the apex, which is in the mountains. It conforms to within
      >60% of the topography of Middle Earth (Third to Fourth Ages)...

      I wonder if they mean to create a miniature of M-E from Rhun to the Grey Havens, and Iron Hills to Umbar? Or do they merely intend to take that patch of countryside and treat it as if it were M-E 3rd/4th Age?

      If the former, would they raise miniature mountain ranges and dig a miniature Anduin?

      If the latter, I wonder what would be the difference between that and just another permanent Renn Fest site (except perhaps the size of the area).

      David Emerson

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com