Fwd: Mythopoeic Society (from John Bentley )

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 11:50 AM
      FYI, folks...

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: John Bentley <jolabent27@...>
      Date: Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:27 PM
      Subject: Mythopoeic Society (from John Bentley <jolabent27@...>)
      To: correspondence@...

      Good evening,
      You might be interested
      to learn that a society exists which had as its objective the actual
      creation of Middle Earth in the region of the Sierra Norte of Madrid. This
      region is roughly triangular in shape and measures 60Km at the base and 45Km
      up each side to the apex, which is in the mountains. It conforms to within
      60% of the topography of Middle Earth (Third to Fourth Ages), and, despite
      being only an hour's drive from Madrid, it is unspoiled, with small farms
      and a traditional lifestyle. There are 42 small communities, and the
      regional authority is the Mancommunidad de Madrid.
      The project, which is in the planning and political stage, is titled: El
      Proyecto Pequeña Tierra Media (Little Middle Earth Project). The Founders
      are Spanish, but volunteer workers and support are international Tolkien
      fans from all over the world.
      I am the project engineer but also deal with correspondence in the
      English-speaking world.
      If you wish to know more about the Project, please feel free to e-mail
      me, and I will send you all information and links.
      The LME Project is non-profit making.

      Yours faithfully,

      John Bentley.

      --