Journey to the Sea #10

  • hoytrand
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 10:37 AM
      I have published the tenth issue of my online myth magazine Journey
      to the Sea [http://journeytothesea.com/%5d. This issue includes an
      interview with Amy H. Sturgis (past Mythcon Guest of Honor) about science fiction, an article on Madeleine L'Engle's *Many Waters*, and an article discussing how authors (including Tolkien, L'Engle, and Neil Gaiman) often describe their fictional worlds and characters as something they discover rather than something they invent.

      Enjoy!
      ~Randy

      --------

      Virtual Unicorns: Religion & Science in *Many Waters*
      http://journeytothesea.com/religion-science-lengle/
      ----
      Laura looks at *Many Waters* to explore Madeleine L'Engle's use of material from the Bible, Jewish and Christian apocrypha, theoretical physics, and more to tell a moving story of love, devotion and sacrifice.

      Science Fiction Primer: Interview with Amy H. Sturgis
      http://journeytothesea.com/science-fiction-primer/
      ----
      Amy H. Sturgis is an author, speaker, and professor at Belmont University. Randy spoke with her about science fiction and its relationship to mythology.

      Fictional Worlds, Invisible Reality
      http://journeytothesea.com/fiction-invisible-reality/
      ----
      Authors often describe their fictional worlds and characters as something they discover rather than something they invent. Randy looks at a number of quotations, connecting this phenomenon with mythical thinking.