Neil Gaiman on Colbert's show

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2009
      Tolkien mega-fan Stephen Colbert is at it again. About 4 minutes into this clip, he rattles off several lines of Tom Bombadil's dialog from memory. Gaiman is great in this clip, by the way.

      http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/221843/march-16-2009/neil-gaiman

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • John D Rateliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2009
        Speaking of Neil Gaiman, last week I picked up my own copy of
        CORALINE to re-read after seeing the film, and was amused by a detail
        in the "About the Author" section added at the end. In running down
        the list of his various works, and the awards they've won (and
        bestsellers lists they've been on), it says this of STARDUST:

        "the all-prose version . . . appeared on a number of bestseller
        lists, was selected by PUBLISHER'S WEEKLY as one of the best books of
        the year, and was awarded the prestigious Mythopoeic Fantasy Award
        for Adult Literature".

        So there you have it: among the listed awards -- the Eisner, the
        Harvey, the World Fantasy Award, the Hugo, the Nebula, the Bram
        Stoker, &c -- only the Mythsoc award was described as "prestigious".
        Congratulations to the Society.

        --JDR