Re: [mythsoc] Re: Journey to the Sea #9 -- Mythical Thinking

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 5, 2009
      >From: scribbler@...
      >
      >...we can know - Objectively -
      >that the sun is a ball of basic gases exploding and sending out light and
      >radiation, but that does not obliterate our *Subjective* reaction to the
      >sight of sunlight gleaming on high clouds, feeling that there's some
      >benevolent powerful being sitting up there sending light beams down to us.

      "Even in your world, that is not what a star is, merely what it is made of."
      -- Aslan

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • Alana Joli Abbott
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 5, 2009
        On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM, David Emerson <emerdavid@...>wrote:

        > "Even in your world, that is not what a star is, merely what it is made
        > of."
        > -- Aslan
        >
        > emerdavid

        Oooh, I hadn't remembered that line! That's very much tied into the concept
        of the represented vs. representations that Barfield discusses as well. :)

        -Alana

        --
        Alana Joli Abbott, Freelance Writer and Editor (
        http://www.virgilandbeatrice.com)