Re: [mythsoc] film adaptations

  • Grace Monk
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      Now we know why Padma left him...

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
        Rushdie has been uttering rot like that for a long time. See his review of
        Jackson's TT:

        <http://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/2003-January/002176.html>

        > Since this topic has been discussed at great length in regard to the
        > Jackson films, I hesitate to bring it up again...but there is an
        > interesting article in today's Guardian by Salman Rushdie, well, I
        > guess interesting to film buffs, for it is very, very long. I kept
        > reading, however, wondering if he might mention the Jackson films and
        > indeed he does, in the 22nd paragraph, opining that Jackson's cinematic
        > style is preferable to Tolkien's writing, which he calls pompous and
        > some other things. Disgusted, I stopped reading there, but others may
        > find his views on literature-into-film worthwhile. Here is the link.
        >
        > http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/feb/28/salman-rushdie-novels-film-
        > adaptations
        >
        > Sara Ciborski

      • Diane Joy Baker
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2009
          Why am I not surprised? I respect Rushdie, but he's part of the PC apex, what I call the glitterati nestled in NY, Hollywood and other elite places. In those areas, JRRT is often looked down upon. I sometimes find Rushdie's writing pompous. ---djb