source-hunting

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
      Now this is interesting -- check out item #6 in this purported
      'source-study' for the President's not-quite-State of the Union
      speech last night.

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-zelinsky/obamas-rhetorical-
      inspira_b_169727.html

      What's striking here, I think, is not that the president might draw
      on Tolkien's language (that claim seems pretty tenuous to me), but
      that the author (an editor of the Yale Law Journal) would consider it
      a reasonable thing for him to have done, ranking JRRT up there with
      Shakespeare and oratorial greats like JFK and Bryant. Yet another
      sign of his absorption into our culture.

      --JDR
    • kittycrowe@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
        Can somenoe please post this with the link NOT broken?

        My computer refuses to even let me copy and paste the whole thing.

        Thanks!

        Kitty ;-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
            I guess hyperlinks don't work either. Let's try again (but it probably will do the same thing that it did to John's original link:

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
              Let me try something: