Kay Woollard - Writer of Hobbit Tales - Passes Away

  • sackvillebaggins
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2009
      I'm very sad to say that a writer that I admired greatly has passed
      away. Her name was Kay Woollard and she inspired me, and many more,
      with her delightful stories from the Shire. She wrote The Terror of
      Tatty Walk in 2000 and Wilmot's Very Strange Stone in 2002. Both
      booklet tales were accompanied by CDs of Ms. Woollard reading her
      stories. She not only wrote these delightful tales, she illustrated
      them with wonderful art. She passed away at the age of 84 last month
      in Halifax, England. Her funeral featured readings from Tolkien's
      Silmarillion and the Lord of the Rings as well as a performance of
      Bilbo's Last Song.

      If you are interested in learning more about this admirable woman
      please visit the Walking Tree Publishers website. You can see some of
      her art and, if so inclined, order her booklets and CDs.

      http://www.walking-tree.org/talesOfYore.php

      If you visit the Tolkien Shop you can search for a postcard that Ms.
      Woollard made. It is under her name in the Posters and More section
      under postcards.

      http://www.tolkienshop.com/index1.html

      The world of JRR Tolkien's Middle-earth has been made richer from her
      labors.