Catalogue of Digitized Medieval Manuscripts

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
      This should interest the medievalists in the group. UCLA has created a catalog with links to as many online digitized images of complete medieval manuscripts that they can find, for the ease and convenience of scholars who might otherwise have trouble finding them and not know what's out there. It's at <http://manuscripts.cmrs.ucla.edu/>

      Here's the news article that I read about it:
      <http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090210161916.htm>

      The catalog currently contains 12 mss. in Old English, one of which is the Bodleian's Junius 11, source for the Old English Exodus which Tolkien edited and translated.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2009
        I was so wrapped up in looking at the Old English stuff that I forgot to check the Middle English section, where one obvious gem is Cambridge Corpus Christi 402, the Ancrene Wisse manuscript that Tolkien also edited. You need to be registered to actually look at it, and I didn't try to do that.