Re: [mythsoc] Charles Williams

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 17, 2009
      In that case, I'd suggest you go behind Williams and give Algernon
      Blackwood's JOHN SILENCE a try. And also Wm Yeats' "Rosa
      Alchemica" (most easily found, with two related tales, in MYTHOLOGIES
      [1959]). Some Arthur Machen stories also hover close to that territory.
      If it had been the supernatural suspense that hooked you, I'd
      have suggested Sax Rohmer.
      I don't think there's anybody who's quite like Williams, though.
      --John R.

      On Feb 17, 2009, at 1:22 AM, John Davis wrote:
      > Although it is probably the non-Christian elements of Williams'
      > books that most appeal to me, which is to say that they often seem
      > more spiritual than Christian - the emphasis being on morality
      > rather than church.
    • John Davis
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 18, 2009
        Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'll give them all a try.

        John