Fwd: Two new novellas by Owen Barfield

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2009
      I told Mr. Barfield that I would forward his announcement to the
      discussion list as of general interest...

      Begin forwarded message:

      > I am the grandson of Owen Barfield, same name, just published are
      > two new novellas by him:
      >
      > 'Eager Spring' (written in 1989) is OB's last work, very insightful
      > and topical. Most of the book is set in contemporary times, but the
      > final third of this book is a myth-allegory of a young woman and a
      > troubadour who confronts the environmentally damaging hazard of
      > industrialism in Iron Age Britain.
      > (Eager Spring - ISBN 978-0-9559582-0-5)
      >
      > 'Night Operation' (written in 1975) is sci-fi. A great story, quite
      > hard hitting. But, as the introduction explains, also throws light
      > on OB's friendship with CS Lewis.
      > (Night Operation - ISBN 978-0-9559582-1-2)
      >
      > More information about the OB Literary Estate can be found at:
      > www.owenbarfield.org
      >
      > Thank you for your attention and best wishes,
      >
      > Owen A. Barfield
      > Reading, Berkshire

      David Lenander
      d-lena@... or david_lenander@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.
      Roseville, MN 55113
      651-292-8887 or 651-697-1807

    • Ginger McElwee
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2009
        I have these books for anyone who might want to review them for Mythprint.
        Contact them and I will send them to you.

        Ginger McElwee

        gingermc@...

        I told Mr. Barfield that I would forward his announcement to the
        discussion list as of general interest...

        Begin forwarded message:

        > I am the grandson of Owen Barfield, same name, just published are
        > two new novellas by him:
        >
        > 'Eager Spring' (written in 1989) is OB's last work, very insightful
        > and topical. Most of the book is set in contemporary times, but the
        > final third of this book is a myth-allegory of a young woman and a
        > troubadour who confronts the environmentally damaging hazard of
        > industrialism in Iron Age Britain.
        > (Eager Spring - ISBN 978-0-9559582-0-5)
        >
        > 'Night Operation' (written in 1975) is sci-fi. A great story, quite
        > hard hitting. But, as the introduction explains, also throws light
        > on OB's friendship with CS Lewis.
        > (Night Operation - ISBN 978-0-9559582-1-2)
        >
        > More information about the OB Literary Estate can be found at:
        > www.owenbarfield.org
        >
        > Thank you for your attention and best wishes,
        >
        > Owen A. Barfield
        > Reading, Berkshire

        David Lenander
        d-lena@... <mailto:d-lena%40umn.edu> or david_lenander@...