Fwd: The awards announcement

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2009
      I just noticed that this note, which I had meant to forward to the
      list back in December, probably never went out. It concerns one of
      the books that our list administrator, Joan Marie Verba, has written
      in the world of the 1960s science fiction Thunderbirds! television
      series (featuring marionettes). Now in the local Minnesota Science
      Fiction monthly newsletter comes a note about a similar award to Joan:

      Thunderbirds: Countdown to Action! by Joan Marie Verba is a Mom's
      Choice Awards Silver Recipient in the Young Adult - Fantasy, Myths, &
      Legends category

      > USABookNews.com, the premiere online magazine and review website
      > for mainstream and independent publishing houses, announced the
      > winners and finalists of THE NATIONAL �BEST BOOKS� 2008 AWARDS
      > (NBBA) on October 20, 2008.
      >
      > Countdown to Action! by Joan Marie Verba, published by FTL
      > Publications, was an Award-Winning Finalist in the Fiction and
      > Literature: Young Adult Fiction category of the National Best Books
      > 2008 Awards, sponsored by USA Book News.
      >
      > A complete list of the winners and finalists of the USABookNews.com
      > National �Best Books� 2008 Awards is available online at http://
      > www.USABookNews.com.

      Congratulations to Joan!

      For anyone interested especially in the Thunderbirds series, Joan has
      a second book already out as well: Thunderbirds: Action Alert!

      You can find more at : http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba/

      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.