Re: Number of Tolkien fans worldwide?

  • Marc Drayer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14, 2009
      Well, it could be worse. You could have seen the Bakshi film five
      times, or worse, the Rankin-Bass debacle ROTK. Remember
      Saruman/Aruman with his twenty pounds of hair? Sounding like a gecko
      with a sore throat?

      Marc

      > Actually, I've seen Jackson's Fellowship five times, a number that
      fills me
      > with horror. But I had good reasons.
      >
      > The first time was to see what all the fuss was about.
      >
      > The second time was because I couldn't believe my eyes the first
      time.

      > The third time was to see how the Extended Edition was different.
      Not
      > enough.
      >
      > The fourth time was at the Nashville Mythcon, when we all gathered
      to play
      > "Mystery Science Theatre" on it. Ah, those were the golden hours.
      >
      > And the fifth time was to check it all over for writing my essay
      denouncing
      > the whole enterprise.

      Groups Links

    • David Emerson
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2009
        >From: David Bratman <dbratman@...>
        >
        >Actually, I've seen Jackson's Fellowship five times, a number that fills me
        >with horror. But I had good reasons.
        > [...]
        >The fourth time was at the Nashville Mythcon, when we all gathered to play
        >"Mystery Science Theatre" on it. Ah, those were the golden hours.

        Yes, I still chuckle when I think, "It's still round!"

        >And the fifth time was to check it all over for writing my essay denouncing
        >the whole enterprise.

        And such an excellent essay it was, too. Consider your sacrifice to have been well worth it.

        emerdavid

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com