Re: [mythsoc] Number of Tolkien fans worldwide?

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 14, 2009
      Actually, I've seen Jackson's Fellowship five times, a number that fills me
      with horror. But I had good reasons.

      The first time was to see what all the fuss was about.

      The second time was because I couldn't believe my eyes the first time.

      The third time was to see how the Extended Edition was different. Not
      enough.

      The fourth time was at the Nashville Mythcon, when we all gathered to play
      "Mystery Science Theatre" on it. Ah, those were the golden hours.

      And the fifth time was to check it all over for writing my essay denouncing
      the whole enterprise.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 14, 2009
        Well, it could be worse. You could have seen the Bakshi film five
        times, or worse, the Rankin-Bass debacle ROTK. Remember
        Saruman/Aruman with his twenty pounds of hair? Sounding like a gecko
        with a sore throat?

        Marc

        > Actually, I've seen Jackson's Fellowship five times, a number that
        fills me
        > with horror. But I had good reasons.
        >
        > The first time was to see what all the fuss was about.
        >
        > The second time was because I couldn't believe my eyes the first
        time.

        > The third time was to see how the Extended Edition was different.
        Not
        > enough.
        >
        > The fourth time was at the Nashville Mythcon, when we all gathered
        to play
        > "Mystery Science Theatre" on it. Ah, those were the golden hours.
        >
        > And the fifth time was to check it all over for writing my essay
        denouncing
        > the whole enterprise.

        Groups Links

      • David Emerson
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 14, 2009
          >From: David Bratman <dbratman@...>
          >
          >Actually, I've seen Jackson's Fellowship five times, a number that fills me
          >with horror. But I had good reasons.
          > [...]
          >The fourth time was at the Nashville Mythcon, when we all gathered to play
          >"Mystery Science Theatre" on it. Ah, those were the golden hours.

          Yes, I still chuckle when I think, "It's still round!"

          >And the fifth time was to check it all over for writing my essay denouncing
          >the whole enterprise.

          And such an excellent essay it was, too. Consider your sacrifice to have been well worth it.

          emerdavid

          PeoplePC Online
          A better way to Internet
          http://www.peoplepc.com