New Lewis book by Listmember!

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2009
      Dear Colleagues, Friends and Family,

      I hold in my hot little hands the first copy of the long-awaited fruit
      of our labor. Mere Christians: Inspiring Stories of Encounters with
      C. S. Lewis has arrived at the publisher, who's passed on one copy.

      A thousand thanks to the many of you who contributed (or wanted to),
      listened to me rant and rave, prayed, asked, booked me to speak (or
      may want to), and encouraged me and Mary Anne as we made it to this day.

      Those in the Chicagoland Area are more than welcome to join us for the
      book launch on Thursday, 12 February at the Marion E Wade Center on
      the campus of Wheaton College from 4-5 pm. Please contact the Wade at
      630-752-5908 for more info.

      If you want a copy of your own, you can find it on all of the book
      sites incl. Amazon:
      http://www.amazon.com/Mere-Christians-Inspiring-Stories-Encounters/dp/0801071844/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232740462&sr=1-1

      It ships 1 Feb (NINE DAYS!); I'm still finding out which retail outlet
      will carry it. Also, at least two Christian book clubs will release
      editions.

      If you'd like to arrange a speaking engagement or book signing for
      groups of any size, please feel free to contact me at
      cslewisprofessor@....

      But I didn't sit down to advertise--rather I wanted to share my
      excitement with you today and to offer my thanks for your enthusiasm
      and support. Huzzah!

      Kindly,

      Andrew
    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2009
        Congratulations, Andrew! I'm sure it is a wonderful feeling.

        _____

        cslewisprofessor@ <mailto:cslewisprofessor%40gmail.com> gmail.com.

        But I didn't sit down to advertise--rather I wanted to share my
        excitement with you today and to offer my thanks for your enthusiasm
        and support. Huzzah!

        Kindly,

        Andrew

      • Jason Fisher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2009
          > I hold in my hot little hands the first copy of the long-
          > awaited fruit of our labor. Mere Christians: Inspiring
          > Stories of Encounters with C. S. Lewis [...]

          Hearty congraulations, Andrew! Looks like a great book. :)

        • Alana
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 24, 2009
            Happy early book birthday, Andrew! Congratulations. :)

            -Alana