Fwd: Mythopoeic Society (from Frank Pérez )

  • Edith Crowe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
      Can't remember if I forwarded this earlier or not, but I don't think
      so...since my Spanish is minimal, I don't know how to respond (or if I'm
      expected to). If anyone out there can give me the gist I'd appreciate it.
      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
        Please find a translation below.

        Diego Seguí
        Argentina

        ---

        I know you will manage to translate this, just as you have translated the Elvish in Tolkien's works. You see, I'm from Venezuela, so there's a long stretch between us. I am interested in your society, I find it very interesting, and also it is very moving to unravel the Mysteries behind such famous writers. The purpose of this message is to tell you that, with all respect, I am writing a work of fantasy in Tolkien's style. I wish you had a look at the languages I have devised for the book, one of them called 'Green Elvish'. So, I would like some advice before publishing it.

        http://www.mythsoc org | correspondence@ mythsoc.org

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2009
          Can't remember if I forwarded this earlier or not, but I don't think
          so...since my Spanish is minimal, I don't know how to respond (or if I'm
          expected to). If anyone out there can give me the gist I'd appreciate it.
          --
          Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
          The Mythopoeic Society
          <<

          The gist is that he's a Venezuelan who's writing a fantasy work in the Tolkien mode for which he's invented languages (including a "green-elvish"), and he'd like some feedback and constructive criticism (especially in regards to the languages).
          Alexei