RE: [mythsoc] Tolkien and Oriental Calligraphy

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2009
      Thanks - I'm going to go take a look at it out of curiosity. Now the monogram I developed for myself back in high school is quite definitely inspired by Tolkien's, no questions about it...

      Janet

      There's a small section
      on monograms in Edward Johnston's _Writing and Illuminating, and
      Lettering_, a book Tolkien owned.

      Wayne