Re: [mythsoc] mysterious publications

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
      Texas A&M (not too close, but thanks anyway). Also University of Mississippi, Cornell, and the Library of Congress. I haven't checked for individual issue holdings.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
        On Jan 6, 2009, at 12:19 PM, David Bratman wrote:
        > Thank you, and that does remind me of something in my own
        > bibliography that mystifies me. A number of online sources credit
        > me with a non-fiction piece in a semiprozine called "Midnight Zoo"
        > in the v.2 no.1 issue (1992). It appears under the title "Hedgehog
        > Hunters". (Probably editorially supplied: looking at some of the
        > other contents, apparently the editors had a thing about hedgehogs.)
        >
        > I have no idea what this could be. I certainly have no memory of
        > ever writing for "Midnight Zoo", or even having heard of it before
        > I first came across the listing. Although the zine was apparently
        > published in the Bay Area, there are no library copies nearer than
        > Texas.
        >
        > If anyone has "Midnight Zoo", could they possibly enlighten me?

        Afraid I don't know anyone at any of the four libraries listed as
        having MIDNIGHT ZONE -- perhaps Mike Glyer, as a fellow semiprozine
        editior, might know someone who has a set. Or is anyone here at (1)
        Texas A&M, (2) Univ. of Miss., (3) Cornell, or (4) Library of Congress?

        My own strangest glitch in bibliography was finding a spurious item
        -- that is, a piece someone else wrote and signed my name to.
        Fortunately it was only a letter to the editor of a D&D comic book
        (basically the editors wrote themselves a fan letter, saying what a
        great job they were doing, and claimed it was from me). If I'd known
        about it at the time I would have raised all kinds of stink, but I
        didn't find out about it until two years later, when it seemed a
        little late to call them to account.

        On a much simpler note, I don't seem to be receiving MYTHPRINT
        anymore. Whom in the Society should I contact to find out whether my
        subscription has expired? I'm told my review of Blackham's book did
        appear in a recent issue (November?), but I don't have the issue
        number or page number.

        --John R.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2009
          John D Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:

          >On a much simpler note, I don't seem to be receiving MYTHPRINT
          >anymore. Whom in the Society should I contact to find out whether my
          >subscription has expired? I'm told my review of Blackham's book did
          >appear in a recent issue (November?), but I don't have the issue
          >number or page number.

          Oct/Nov 2008 (v. 45, no. 10-11; whole no. 319-20), p. [8]-[9].

          Marion Van Loo is the membership secretary and handles these things; she's reachable at membership@....