Journey to the Sea #7 -- Ted Nasmith Interview

  • hoytrand
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      I have published the seventh issue of my online myth magazine Journey
      to the Sea [journeytothesea.com]. This issue includes an interview I
      conducted with Ted Nasmith at Mythcon 39.

      Happy New Year!
      ~Randy

      Saint Sylvester and the Dragon
      ----
      Laura explores a fourteenth-century fresco from the Basilica of Santa
      Croce in Florence, depicting the legendary story of Saint Sylvester
      taming the dragon.

      Illustrating Tolkien: Ted Nasmith Interview
      ----
      Ted Nasmith is an artist best known for his illustrations depicting
      scenes from J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-earth. Randy spoke with him about
      his artwork and some of the challenges of illustrating fantasy literature.

      Prometheus in the Emblems of Alciato
      ----
      Laura looks at a selection of sixteenth-century emblems that depict
      the suffering of Prometheus to explore the ways this mythological
      narrative is represented in visual symbols and verse.