new book alert

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2008
      Amazon has just sent me an announcement of:

      "Fantasy, Myth and the Measure of Truth: Tales of Pullman, Lewis, Tolkien,
      MacDonald and Hoffman" by William Gray.

      That's Hoffman as in E.T.A. "Tales of" Hoffmann. (The cover has the
      spelling right even if the Amazon listing doesn't.) Seems to be an
      exploration of the 19th-century fairy-tale roots of modern fantasy;
      especially considering his choice of three 20th-century authors, it could be
      of interest to many here.