Tolkien Birthday Toast '09

  • John Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2008
      Hi,

      Fowarded from the Tolkien Society...

      John

      3rd January 2009

      The toast is "The Professor"
      Tolkien Birthday Toast!

      At 9pm (local times) on January 3rd fans around the world are invited to raise a glass and toast J.R.R. Tolkien's Birthday
      The Tolkien Society has some webpages

      http://www.tolkiensociety.eu/toast

      where fans across the globe can let other fans know where they'll be celebrating if they're hosting a party, or just what particular tipple they'll be raising. Fans will be able to check the webpage and see who is celebrating where and if they wish to get in touch and join in.

      The Birthday Toast event should be understood to consist of the saying of the toast and a drink (not necessarily alcoholic) of an individual's choice. The information posted by anybody on the Birthday Toast web pages will not be sold or passed on to any third party (outside of the context of the web pages and the 'Birthday Toast' event). Further details can be found at the website above.

      The organisers do not condone drinking alcohol if it endangers the health or safety of the drinker or others, or contravenes the law.

      The Tolkien Society wishes you all a Merry Christmas!

      Any queries regarding this Press Release should be addressed to:

      Ian Collier, Publicity Officer, e-mail publicity AT tolkiensociety.org