Rachel Maddow

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2008
      Looks like Rachel Maddow might be a Tolkien fan.
      At any rate, on tonight's show in a piece on the bank bailout she
      facetiously suggested incorporating her show as a bank, listing
      "Bilbo Baggins" as its president.
      Who knew?
      --JDR
    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2008
        JDR wrote:

        >>Looks like Rachel Maddow might be a Tolkien fan. At any rate, on tonight's show in a piece on the bank bailout she
        facetiously suggested incorporating her show as a bank, listing
        "Bilbo Baggins" as its president.
        Who knew?<<

        I love Rachel....but she occasionally does make Tolkien references, Bilbo has made a couple of appearances, orcs have come up in reference to the Bush administration lackey's...I think she's a Tolkien geek like us. I've been tempted to drop a line to the show about it and see if I get a response.

        Larry Swain