Dunsany on film

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2008
      I don't believe there's ever been a theatrical film based on a Dunsany work before, but there appears to be one now. I've just seen ads in British online papers for the imminent (Friday the 12th) release in the UK of a film titled "Dean Spanley", which as the title suggests proves to be an adaptation of Dunsany's novel "My Talks With Dean Spanley".

      It stars Jeremy Northam, Sam Neill, and Peter O'Toole, so this is not a casual operation. However, the screenwriter is Alan Sharp, who wrote the script of the terminally disappointing second adaptation of Le Guin's "The Lathe of Heaven", and who is also responsible for wracking up the film of Zelazny's "Damnation Alley", so we may not expect too much.