ADMIN: Delay in this post:

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008
      --- Original Message ---
      From: WendellWag@...
      Subject: Delay in this post: Re: [mythsoc] Mention of Lewis in article in The
      New Yorker

      > Does anyone else have problems with their posts being delayed in delivery?
      > This post (Mention of Lewis in article in The New Yorker) was delayed in
      > delivery by twelve hours. Just now though, as I opened it to look at it
      before
      > sending this post about it, it spontaneously decided that I wanted to send
      > another copy of it to the list. This was delivered within seconds. Just
      how
      > messed up is Yahoo Groups?

      Some listmembers are moderated and their posts might have a delay of perhaps
      12 hours. Unmoderated posts theoretically may show up right away, but not
      always. Yahoo Groups does sometimes experience unannounced slow times.

      Joan
    • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2008
        Joan, could you check something for me. I don't post often on the Yahoo
        group, but I do get the postings sent to this email address.

        When I originally signed up, I used an email of "scribblerworks@..."
        which I then never used for anything. Probably should not have done that.
        I do have an email address in Yahoo's system of
        "scribblerworks@..." -- but again, I don't use it very often
        (it's my principal non-personal-domain email address).

        I posted a comment earlier today, in reply to the thread about the food
        art, but it hasn't shown up. I suppose it's due to the infrequency of
        posting on my part.

        I've been going in circles through the Yahoo system, trying to get it to
        show My Yahoo Groups (there's a second one I'm a member of, but we don't
        have postings on it very often), and neither of them show up.

        This is part venting, and part trying to sort things out. Any advice?
        Recommendations?

        Thanks, Sarah Beach

      • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2008