Re: [mythsoc] Re: On Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other Essays

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2008
      Notify Amazon, not the seller. It appears that the seller is a scam artist.
      He hardly cares what you think. On the other hand, you can persuade Amazon
      to quit dealing with this scam artist.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 11/21/2008 8:31:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      dougkane@... writes:

      I aslo wrote to the seller asking them how it is that they have a used copy
      of a book that has not been released yet.

    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 24, 2008
        I didn't hear anything back from the seller, not surprisingly, but Amazon is
        no longer listing the 'used' copy. So either the seller realized that the
        gig was up, or they realized that they themselves were getting scammed.
        Either way, at least the misleading information is no longer being
        propogated.

        Doug

      • sackvillebaggins
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 25, 2008
          Well, hopefully the January 2009 date for actual release is going to
          stick. Not only am I excited for the book itself but for the promised
          audio book. That too is listed but as Out of Print.