Information from Poland

  • Richard Derdzinski
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
      Hello from Poland! :-)

      I would like to welcome you to the lecture of a couple of information
      from Polish fandom at Elendilion.

      Elendilion (http://czytaj.elendili.pl), news service about Tolkien
      fandom in Poland (and all over the world) wants to inform you about
      few news translated into English by our friend, Noatar. All the
      English entries can be found here:
      http://czytaj.elendili.pl/category/english/

      The most recent are:

      (1) "She has translated the world of Middle-earth for us"
      About Maria Skibniewska, the first Polish translator of J.R.R.
      Tolkien. Her translation served as a basis for the translation of The
      Lord of the Rings movies... More here:
      http://czytaj.elendili.pl/2008/11/04/she-has-translated-the-world-of-middle-earth-for-us/

      (2) We would like to inform you about the Tolkien Expedition to
      Ireland and Wales planned next year. The news in English can be found
      here:
      http://czytaj.elendili.pl/2008/11/06/the-wales-ireland-tolkien-expedition-latest-news/

      (3) "An bhfuil Tolkien feicithe agat le deanail?" or the travel report
      by our friend Telperion. Irish travel to the places where J.R.R.
      Tolkien spent his holidays.

      Welcome and if you can spread these news, please, among the other
      Tolkienists.

      Yours sincerely,

      Ryszard "Galadhorn" Derdzinski
      Member of the Mythopoeic Society
      Poland
    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
        Hi, Richard,

        > I would like to welcome you to the lecture of a couple of
        > information from Polish fandom at Elendilion.
        >
        > Elendilion (http://czytaj.elendili.pl), news service about
        > Tolkien fandom in Poland (and all over the world) wants to
        > inform you about few news translated into English by our
        > friend, Noatar. All the English entries can be found here:
        > http://czytaj.elendili.pl/category/english/

        As you know, I've been following your blog for some time now (in Polish, as best I can :). I think it's a great new feature to have news items in English, and to collect them all together under a single heading as you've done. Thanks for letting Mythsoc subscribers know about it.

        Best,
        Jason
        http://lingwe.blogspot.com/

      • Richard Derdzinski
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
          Hi Jason,

          > As you know, I've been following your blog for some time now (in
          Polish, as best I can :). I think it's a great new feature to have
          news items in English, and to collect them all together under a single
          heading as you've done. Thanks for letting Mythsoc subscribers know
          about it.

          Nice to hear from you :-) Yes, I know you've visited our service (your
          blog as well as Mythsoc list are our news-sources). You and other
          Mythsoc members are welcome to leave the comments under our Westron
          (English) news. I'll inform you about newest Inklingian initiatives in
          Poland as soon as we have something interesting to tell you about in our
          service Elendilion.

          See http://czytaj.elendili.pl/category/english/

          Yours

          Richard Derdzinski