X-Men

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2000
      X-treme.
      X-traordinary.
      X-citing.

      Lots of fun, really - except for Anna Paquin's extremely mopey Rogue.

      Now I only need to decide whether I want to attend Professor Xavier's School
      for Exceptional Children, or Hogwarts :)

      As if I had a chance of getting into either.

      By the way I saw a Dursley-ish boy at the theatre in the possession of what
      was at least three successive containers of popcorn. Large ones.

      Mary S
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2000
        I was at the customer-service desk in my local grocery after the movie. A
        woman in her forties or fifties was also there, and discovered in idle chat
        that we'd just been to the movies.

        "Oh, what did you see?"

        "The X-Men," I replied. I swear she looked at me like I had three heads :)

        Well, I don't care. Silver-haired or no, I got the right. I read the X-Men
        back before some of their current fans were even =born=, I reckon.

        I gotta say Jackman as Wolverine is =cute=, even with all the excess
        face-fuzz. Strips well, too, (mm-HMM) as they used to say. (In THE X-MEN,
        whenever Jean Gray can't think of anything else to do with a patient, which
        is always, she strips 'em and sticks electrodes all over 'em.)

        mary S