Win Tales from the Perilous Realm, Children of Hurin and The History of the Hobb

  • Anthony and Jessica
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2008
      Win Tales from the Perilous Realm, Children of Hurin and The History
      of the Hobbit! (PRIZE IMAGES ON Herenistarion.org)

      On the heels of the recently released Children of Hurin paperback
      andthe forthcoming Tales from the Perilous Realm The Northeast
      Tolkien Society is happy to announce the a few ways for readers of
      herenistarion.org to be able to receive not only these titles but the
      two volume History of the Hobbit set!!

      Firstly many thanks to our friend at Hougton Mifflin Company for
      supplying our prizes for this contest, the first of several Fall
      contests!!!

      We will be giving away to one winner all four of the above cited
      books, and two subsequent winners will receive copies of Tales from
      the Perilous Realm, and Children of Hurin paperback

      How do you win? There are two ways to win, read the following
      carefully

      In the last few days we announced the 2009 Northeast Tolkien Society
      Calendar is now for sale on our site ($20 USD + S/H) --see
      herenistarion.org for ordering information By purchasing the calendar
      you are automatically entered in a random drawing to win all four
      books:

      Tales from the Perilous Realm, Children of Hurin paperback, and The
      History of the Hobbit 2 volume set by John Rateliff

      If you do not wish to add this incredible piece to your Tolkien
      collection, or are unable to do so at this time, then we are asking
      you send us your thoughts to the following questions--choose one to
      answer, or if you wish to answer both this increases your chances of
      winning:

      Two of the Top entries will each receive Tales from the Perilous
      Realm, and Children of Hurin paperback

      1) Why Tolkien? Explain what it is about Tolkien's work that
      continually draws you to it, either to read LOTR several times a
      year, to scholarship, to collectibles, to costumes, to gaming, or
      even the films, try to cite your first encounter with Tolkien and why
      you connected with it.

      2) Does Tolkien's work inspire you? Some have claimed Tolkien as
      an 'intellectual hero' or literary influence on their own artistic
      ventures--has Tolkien inspired your own artistic ventures, education
      or career in someway? Please elaborate

      Where and how do you send this material?

      Register for our Northeast Tolkien Society Yahoo group forum and post
      it to the contest thread! We will read them and vote on the best
      entries. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NETolkienSociety

      All entries will be published in forthcoming issues of the Journal of
      the Northeast Tolkien Society --

      ALL ENTRIES (EITHER THE RANDOM DRAWING OR THE WRITING CONTEST) MUST
      BE RECEIVED

      NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 15th 2008

      If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at:

      herenistarionnets AT gmail DOT com