Re: [mythsoc] Fantasy Review Sources

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2008
      I never even found Locus to be very helpful, though it is very selective
      (for perceived quality) in what it chooses to reviews and covers fantasy
      fairly well.

      The problem is that the fantasy field is so full of absolute trash that the
      reviewers tend to fall on anything that's not totally worthless and praise
      it to the skies. It's impossible for the casual reader to distinguish the
      actually pretty good from the merely only-mostly-lousy this way.