Re: [mythsoc] Boxen: Childhood Chronicles Before Narnia

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      On Sep 30, 2008, at 4:36 PM, David Bratman wrote:
      > It appears to be an expanded edition, yes. There's a long list of
      > unpublished Boxen papers at the end of the original edition, and at
      > least some of these are in the new edition.

      Thanks David. Warnie wd be so pleased to finally have these published
      after so long -- though I agree with Gibb that they probably wouldn't
      have done well if released in the mid-sixties. I'm glad people are
      now so hungry for anything by CSL that these can slip out in the
      guise of 'pre-Narnia'. I think this makes a total of ten or eleven
      books by Warnie all told, depending on how they're counted: six
      French histories plus one edition as the seventh plus his
      contribution to EPCW as a possible eighth, with his work on LETTERS
      OF CSL (even though it didn't appear in the form he wanted), his
      diaries, and now BOXEN rounding out the whole.
      Of course if we count his unpublished set of family papers, the
      total doubles.
      Glad to hear it'll be reviewed in MYTHLORE.
      --JDR