Re: [mythsoc] Gandalf quote

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2008
      "Shadow of the Past", soon after Gandalf displays the Ring-inscription:

      "I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

      "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        Thank you David!
        I'm going to have the quote engraved on the pocket watch my wife gave me last
        Christmas; I wanted to be sure what Prof. Tolkien wrote, and not what may
        have been "fixed" by Boyens and retinue.