Happy Birthday, Bilbo and Frodo!

  • jef.murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22 6:29 AM
      Greetings!

      Today is the literary birthday of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins, per
      J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings". And many of us will be attending
      celebrations of this event and of the writings of J.R.R. Tolkien in
      general today or during this next week.

      Lorraine and I wanted to extend our well-wishes for all travelers
      to A Long-Expected Party in Shaker Village, Kentucky (see
      http://www.alongexpectedparty.org ) and to Oxonmoot, 2008
      (see http://www.tolkiensociety.org/oxon/2008/Info.html ). We will
      be attending the former, but know of countless folk attending
      the latter or other regional celebrations.

      We will raise a glass or two in acknowledgment of all of the great
      friends we have met n the Tolkien community worldwide this year.
      We will also be toasting the memory of some who are no longer with
      us, but who remain always in our hearts and memories, especially
      Pauline Baynes.

      Godspeed, everyone!

      Jef