Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon 40

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hey, I'm not going to knock it. Twin beds (I had a big bruise for a week on
      my forehead after hitting it on the upper bunk), A/C, and private bathrooms
      so you don't lock yourself out of your room in the middle of the night!

      See you there!
      Berni

      From: "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...>

      > The Good News and the Bad News (all in one): the room & board package
      > will be more expensive than this year's Mythcon at CCSU. This is bad
      > news for your pocketbook BUT encouraging news for everybody who
      > attended and were *disappointed* (hey! give me credit for my
      > restraint!) at the quality of the room & board.
      >
      > In fact, the whole facility is more expensive - but I've been there
      > and the De Neve Plaza Conference Center is quite nice - check out
      > <http://map.ais.ucla.edu/portal/site/UCLA/menuitem.789d0eb6c76e7ef0d66b02ddf848344a/?vgnextoid=3e9b5852ea143010VgnVCM1000008f8443a4RCRD>
      > for a small glimpse of bedroom & list of amenities.
    • Lynn Maudlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
        OUCH! I think I've done just enough conferences at colleges with bunk
        beds that I've learned how to *roll*... :D

        UCLA will be fun and I'll be ever so glad to see you there!

        -- Lynn --

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
          REMINDER!!!

          Deadline for preregistration & room/board packages (AND paid parking, if you need it) is coming right up on July 6th.

          DO come - it will be lots of fun!

          <www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/40/>

          -- Lynn --
        • Doug Kane
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
            I see the tentative schedule is now up at the website. I missed the
            announcement that that was available, if there was one.

            _____

          • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
              Yes! As for the announcement... the last two days I've been running
              around on other business, and so has Randy.

              But the schedule is pretty solid now, and I'm really excited by it! It's
              going to be a wonderfully stimulating conference.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
                scribbler@... wrote:

                >Yes! As for the announcement... the last two days I've been running
                >around on other business, and so has Randy.
                >
                >But the schedule is pretty solid now, and I'm really excited by it! It's
                >going to be a wonderfully stimulating conference.

                You have failed in your responsibility to put all of the things I want to see opposite each other.

                In fact this is a good program, with interesting things on almost every hour but very few agonizing choices for my taste.
              • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
                  Way to give the Conference Chair a heart attack, David!

                  Opening with ----

                  > You have failed in your responsibility

                  .... PANIC INDUCING!

                  But then the rest of it came along --

                  > to put all of the things I want to
                  > see opposite each other.
                  >
                  > In fact this is a good program, with interesting things on almost every
                  > hour but very few agonizing choices for my taste.

                  Okay. No cardiac arrest to be laid blame to you. I laughed!

                  Yeah, very nice flow, and the credit for that goes to --- ta da! SHERWOOD
                  SMITH! She's done a great job coordinating all the papers and panel
                  ideas.