Mythcon 40

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
      As those of you who attended Mythcon 39 in Connecticut know, *next*
      year's Mythcon (40) will be held at UCLA (Los Angeles, California)
      July 17-20, 2009.

      You can register online through the MythSoc website (www DOT mythsoc
      DOT org) and the low price reg has been extended through September
      15th, so join now!

      The Good News and the Bad News (all in one): the room & board package
      will be more expensive than this year's Mythcon at CCSU. This is bad
      news for your pocketbook BUT encouraging news for everybody who
      attended and were *disappointed* (hey! give me credit for my
      restraint!) at the quality of the room & board.

      In fact, the whole facility is more expensive - but I've been there
      and the De Neve Plaza Conference Center is quite nice - check out
      <http://map.ais.ucla.edu/portal/site/UCLA/menuitem.789d0eb6c76e7ef0d66b02ddf848344a/?vgnextoid=3e9b5852ea143010VgnVCM1000008f8443a4RCRD>
      for a small glimpse of bedroom & list of amenities.

      -- Lynn, your friendly neighborhood SMC --
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
        Hey, I'm not going to knock it. Twin beds (I had a big bruise for a week on
        my forehead after hitting it on the upper bunk), A/C, and private bathrooms
        so you don't lock yourself out of your room in the middle of the night!

        See you there!
        Berni

        From: "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...>

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2008
          OUCH! I think I've done just enough conferences at colleges with bunk
          beds that I've learned how to *roll*... :D

          UCLA will be fun and I'll be ever so glad to see you there!

          -- Lynn --

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
            REMINDER!!!

            Deadline for preregistration & room/board packages (AND paid parking, if you need it) is coming right up on July 6th.

            DO come - it will be lots of fun!

            <www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/40/>

            -- Lynn --
          • Doug Kane
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
              I see the tentative schedule is now up at the website. I missed the
              announcement that that was available, if there was one.

              _____

            • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
                Yes! As for the announcement... the last two days I've been running
                around on other business, and so has Randy.

                But the schedule is pretty solid now, and I'm really excited by it! It's
                going to be a wonderfully stimulating conference.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
                  scribbler@... wrote:

                  >Yes! As for the announcement... the last two days I've been running
                  >around on other business, and so has Randy.
                  >
                  >But the schedule is pretty solid now, and I'm really excited by it! It's
                  >going to be a wonderfully stimulating conference.

                  You have failed in your responsibility to put all of the things I want to see opposite each other.

                  In fact this is a good program, with interesting things on almost every hour but very few agonizing choices for my taste.
                • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 27, 2009
                    Way to give the Conference Chair a heart attack, David!

                    Opening with ----

                    > You have failed in your responsibility

                    .... PANIC INDUCING!

                    But then the rest of it came along --

                    > to put all of the things I want to
                    > see opposite each other.
                    >
                    > In fact this is a good program, with interesting things on almost every
                    > hour but very few agonizing choices for my taste.

                    Okay. No cardiac arrest to be laid blame to you. I laughed!

                    Yeah, very nice flow, and the credit for that goes to --- ta da! SHERWOOD
                    SMITH! She's done a great job coordinating all the papers and panel
                    ideas.