Yawnia

  • Joe R. Christopher
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
      Has it been reported here that in _Mad_ No. 493 (Sept. 2008), 44-47,
      appears "The Chronic-ills of Yawnia: Prince Thespian"? I don't know if
      _Mad_ did one of LLW, but this movie called for a parody.

      --Joe
    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
        Mad has always been fun, even if you love the movie it parodies.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2008
          From: "Joe R. Christopher" <jchristopher@...>

          > Has it been reported here that in _Mad_ No. 493 (Sept. 2008), 44-47,
          > appears "The Chronic-ills of Yawnia: Prince Thespian"? I don't know if
          > _Mad_ did one of LLW, but this movie called for a parody.

          That's what I like about you, Joe -- you're always so serious and read only
          the highest literature!

          (Actually, your paper on a Superman story that you gave in Minneapolis
          inspired me to do my paper on Gaiman's use of refurbished DC characters in
          his Sandman series. I thought that if you did it, it was perfectly legit
          for Mythcon.)

          Berni