Re: Tolkien's Gedling

  • ajkjr1
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
      I read this book a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some
      very nice insight into Tolkiens time in Gedling and with his aunt and
      some nice pictures that have probably never been seen.

      If you want t have some fun go to Google earth or and of the mapping
      programs and get a satelite view of that area. The church is still
      there as is part of the farm bt much of it has been developed.

      Nice short read!

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Merlin DeTardo" <emptyD@...> wrote:

      > ---John D Rateliff <sacnoth@> wrote:
      > << Here's another I found out about yesterday that was apparently
      > published a few months ago without my hearing anything about it at
      > the time: TOLKIEN'S GEDLING 1914 by Andrew Morton, a book about
      Aunt